Zotero, when returned to, reports error, asks for restart. ID 1123446356

When I have Zotero open and running and I switch to another program and then back to Zotero, Zotero reports an error and asks that I restart Firefox.

The problem, which has developed only in recent weeks, is intermittent but frequent. I notice it especially, but not exclusively, after my computer has been suspended and resumed.

Environment:

Zotero 3.0.11, Firefox 17.0.1, Ubuntu 12.04.01 64-bit.

Other extensions:
Adblock Plus 2.2.1
AwardWallet 0.54
Download Helper 4.9.12
Global Menu Bar Integration 3.6.4
LeechBlock 0.6.3
Tab Mix Plus 0.4.0.3.1
Ubuntu Firefox Modifications 2.6
Unity Integration for Firefox 0.2.4
  • We haven't seen this before, and unfortunately there are no Zotero errors in that report. One thing you could try is running Zotero with real-time debug output enabled until it happens again, and then send the last 100 or so lines to support@zotero.org with a link to this thread. (For good measure, save the whole log to disk, though it might be large if you've had Zotero open for a while.)

Disabling other extensions or disabling auto-sync might help, but it'd be good to reproduce this with debug output and fix it.
  • I'll right. I've started Zotero with the debug output enabled. Let's see what happens. Thank you. Best wishes.
  • Based on your debug output, you should disable AwardWallet and see if this still happens. If it does, we can investigate further.
  • With AwardWallet disabled, it happened again. I've sent the debug output to the support address.
  • Can you get this to happen with all your other extensions disabled? If so, send us another Report ID (before restarting Firefox) and a bit more of the debug log—say, the last 1000 lines.
  • The error repeated itself after I thought I'd turned off all extensions. But two extensions were still on: Ubuntu Firefox Modifications 2.6 and Unity Integration for Firefox 0.2.4.

Before noticing that, I reported the error. The ID is 302330688. And I'm sending a log of the entire session (less than 500 lines).

Now I've disabled these last two extensions as well. Let's see.
  • OK, there we go:
    [QUERY: DELETE FROM items WHERE itemID=?] [ERROR: delete on table "items" violates foreign key constraint "fkd_fulltextItemWords_itemID_items_itemID"]
    Check your DB integrity in the Advanced pane of the Zotero prefs.
  • Yes, the DB check found errors and corrected them.

Thank you!