Title within title and capitalization

I'm working on a project in CMS that has several titles with mixed languages and titles within titles. In the following example, I need the foreign-language titles to be in sentence-style. Here is the text as I manually entered it in sentence-style in Zotero:

Book for a Simple and Devout Woman: A Late Middle English Adaptation of Peraldus's <i>Summa de vitiis et virtutibus</i> and Friar Laurent's <i>Somme le roi</i>: Edited from British Library Mss Harley 6571 and Additional 30944

and here is the output in Microsoft Word, except in Word the italics show up:

F. N. M. Diekstra, ed., Book for a Simple and Devout Woman: A Late Middle English Adaptation of Peraldus’s Summa De Vitiis Et Virtutibus and Friar Laurent’s Somme Le Roi: Edited from British Library Mss Harley 6571 and Additional 30944 (Groningen: Egbert Forsten, 1998), 317, 327.

The problem is that Zotero has rendered the foreign-language titles in Title Caps.
  • Best I can offer you is to put something like "Latin" in the language field of the item - that turns off title casing entirely. Since you already have the English part in title case (which, btw., is otherwise not recommended) that should make this come out OK.

We'll have to think about how and if we'll try to address this on a more general level.
  • Hi everyone. Switching the language to Latin worked for me, but I was wondering if this is still the best solution for this problem. Thanks!
  • edited March 17, 2017
    Best solution is to put the put the foreign language sections in <span class="nocase"> </span> tags as well as italics tags. Then store the English parts in sentence case and set the item language to 'en'.
  • That did the trick, thanks!