Zotero 3.0.11.1 and libre office

I cannot install the updated version of the standalone version. It quits during extraction.

First I couldn't cite in libre office, so I decided to update (to 3.0.11.1). Then the zotero buttons in libre office didn't work anymore. So I decided to update libre office. No change, zotero no longer works. I run libre office version 3.6.4.3.

So I've been trying to install the ff-extensions (I run ff 17.0.1), and then the libre office extension. Somewhere during the update of the standalone suite, and its removal of the old installation, no new installation happened. Now I cannot install it, ff-extensions do nothing.

Help me big great interwebz, you're my only hope...
  • what OS is this?
  • We'd need some more info on what you mean by "cannot install" are you getting any error messages? Which?
    As for Libre Office, see the instructions here:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#all_platforms
    for troubleshooting various common errors - the most common one is the "could not load..." error (that sometimes also just leads to unresponsive buttons) due to a broken java install.
  • I get no error message. So I've gathered that it might be on my end, but I find it odd that it just quits mid-extraction (varying between 90% to 99% done extraction).

Even when libre office did have the cite buttons available, I got no error message, they were just not responding.
  • Right, so thus fas the problem has been between screen and keyboard. It's all installed now, still no response from cite buttons in libre. Not even an error message.
  • ok, that's progress I guess - see my link above for some troubleshooting instructions - as I say, most likely culprit on Windows is a faulty Java install - unfortunately that takes a bit of effort to fix.
  • Thanks anyways. I'm reinstalling java, if that helps at all. Meh.
  • Soo... that didn't work. I get error messages from the other zotero buttons though, the insert bibliography and edit bibliography ... it tells me that I need to insert a citation to edit one. Obviously.
  • if you get that message, the plugin is properly installed, the problem is something else.
    Click on the "Insert Citation" button and circle through your windows to make sure the dialog isn't just hidden (it appears as a Zotero (or Firefox) Window
  • Nothing. At first. And for some reason, after the 19th restart of libre office, that nice red bar appeared again. I noticed the classic citation thing was ticked in the FF-extension options menu. I removed that, and whabam. I feel stupid now. Why didn't I think of restarting a few, or many more, times?
  • I might, I mean, just might, have something to do with me now having both the standalone and all the other extension thingies... last time that happened I had to use the standalone suite, now it won't work if its running.