Report ID: 1423514632

Hello!

I've been trying to upload new material since yesterday but I can't. It keeps saying the following:

"Error processing uploaded data"

Some of the description says:

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: 51f8d0a7)' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "native frame :: <unknown filename> :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 0" data: no]"]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Error processing uploaded data (Report ID: bba5ff7a)' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "native frame :: <unknown filename> :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 0" data: no]"]

What could this be? Is it due to updates of Zotero? Please some help, thanks!!
  • Are you still getting this?
  • Yes, I still am.

I figured out that I can't upload things from this PC, but I can download updates in my online Zotero libraries uploaded from another computer.

That is, I can download but not upload updates.

When I try to sync, the icon says "Upload accepted - waitin for sync server". Then it yields an error.

I have both Zoteros (Standalone and browser) updated.

Any idea of why this is happening?

Txs!
  • edited December 12, 2012
    Since I keep on having errors when trying to upload, I uninstalled and re-installed Zotero Standalone and replaced the Firefox plug-in with the Chrome plug-in.

It didn't seem to work. When trying to sync to download the online data, a new error came up:

ID: 989198882

What is the interpretation of this?

My guess is it must be the PC.

Thank you
  • If you add an item to your library on that computer, does that help?

If not, provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces the error.
  • Thank you for your concern Dan,

Now it works. It seems there was a problem with the extensions maybe? Anyway, I had to re-install Standalone, uninstall the Firefoxx plug-in and try the Chrome plug-in.

It's working so far. Thank you anyway!
  • edited December 14, 2012
    It's unlikely that reinstalling/uninstalling anything had an effect here, so if you want to use Firefox plugin, you should.