Cannot add new citation-styles in Zotero Mac Firefox 3.08

Hello,
I use zotero on a Mac with FF 16.02, the pluginversion is zotero 3.08
I try to add a new style from the repository and get an error "it doesn't seem to be working citation-file" (in german).
I tried to add the style manually but I get the same error...
Does anybody have a suggestion?
  • Can you update Firefox and Zotero to their latest versions?
  • ... it should be the latest versions, at least there is no newer version shown on the plugin-page of firefox
  • ... strange, I deactivated the plugin and activated it after restarting Firefox, now it works...
    (well the oldest computer-trick, I should have done it immediately)
  • (you should re-install Zotero from zotero.org to always receive the most recent updates. Mozilla is always a bit behind and currently particularly so due to a bug in their repo validation software).
  • ... just did it, ok, now I understand why there was no new version shown on Mozilla...
  • @Dan Stillman: considering the delays of getting Zotero releases onto the Mozilla website, wouldn't it be better to solely rely on zotero.org for distribution?
  • We're a featured add-on on AMO, which wouldn't be possible if we didn't distribute a version through them. Being a featured add-on gives us a lot of extra visibility—until a few days ago we were in a rotating back-to-school section on the front page—that we don't particularly want to give up.

This delay is much worse than usual, both because of a new issue with their validator and because of a very long queue for Firefox 17, but normally this is less of an issue. In the meantime, we have a message on the page there directing people to zotero.org for a compatible version, and anyone syncing would get an appropriate warning.