Some optional interface/functions stuff

This would improve the already fabulous zotero in my view. I'm fairly new to zotero so if some of it can be done already and I missed it, please let me now. I do not mean any of the below should be defaults, but added as options would be something:

1) Show (sub-)collections in center window - ie. mimic windows explorer.

2) I sometimes find myself at a loss as to where I am in my trees of collections/subcollections. When hovering on a note I wouldn't mind seeing a floating popup-text showing the name of current collection (or shown on a border somewhere like firefox shows webadresses when you hover over a link etc).

3) Show/Hide button for the entire tags-box would enable larger view of collections when you don't work with tags.

4) Options on how to treat opening of files from within zotero. For HTML-pages: same window or new tab or new window; for PDF: same options as html + external acrobat.

Cheers!
  • 3) Show/Hide button for the entire tags-box would enable larger view of collections when you don't work with tags.
    There is an icon for this. Click the icon to the left of the gear icon.
    4) ... for HTML-pages: same window or new tab or new window?
    Snapshots use standard Firefox behavior, so control-clicking (Cmd-clicking on a Mac) opens snapshots in a new tab behind, control-shift-click opens in a new front tab, and shift opens in a new window.
  • edited April 12, 2008
    Thanks Dan,

my bad on no. 3 - don't know how on earth I missed it; I found no. 4 works as well for the stored pdf:s, which makes an option to open in external acrobat more or less superfluous.