Chicago: Are there options for “With the assistance of” and the like?

Are there any options to correctly format information such as “With the assistance of” and the like (see Chicago Manual of Style, 16. ed, 14.89), as in the following examples:

Chaucer Life-Records. Edited by Martin M. Crow and Clair C. Olson from materials compiled by John M. Manly and Edith Rickert, with the assistance of Lilian J. Redstone et al. London: Oxford University Press, 1966.
Cullen, John B. Old Times in the Faulkner Country. In collaboration with Floyd C. Watkins. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1961.
Prather, Marla. Alexander Calder, 1898–1976. With contributions by Arnauld Pierre and Alexander S. C. Rower. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, 1998.
Rodman, Dennis. Walk on the Wild Side. With Michael Silver. New York: Delacorte Press, 1997.
Schellinger, Paul, ed. Encyclopedia of the Novel. With the assistance of Christopher Hudson and Marijke Rijsberman. 2 vols. Chicago: Fitzroy Dearborn, 1998.
Williams, Joseph M. Style: Toward Clarity and Grace. With two chapters coauthored by Gregory G. Colomb. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1995.
  • Aha. So – would you consider adding support for such an option in a future version?
  • I don't know - because styles that include that information allow so much variety in how these collaborators can be described - in the CMoS examples you give above, the text used is different in every single case - this is practically impossible to automate.
    It also requires quite a large number of changes - new author types for both authors and editors, both in Zotero and in CSL etc.

I can see some basic support for "with" type authors/collaborators happening in the medium run, though there is a number of stakeholders who'd have to agree that it's worth the effort - there is a functionality/complexity trade-off in software and at some point you have to draw a line. Personally I think we should support "with," though.