sync error, mac zotero standalone 3.0.8

Just filed error report #681889743; error msg reads "One or more locally deleted collections has been modified remotely since the last sync. The most recent versions have been kept." This is confusing, as I've been routinely syncing (set to "Sync automatically") and have not deleted any collections for several days.

On a more general level, we continue to look forward to when Zotero offers role-based sync rules, so that actions performed by group library admins override actions performed by regular users; we have experienced occasional but serious problems with this when syncing.

Many thanks,

Jim P.
  • That might happen if you added or removed some items in a group library collection locally but someone else deleted the collection remotely.
  • edited November 27, 2012
    Er, well, I guess that's not what the message says. But it's possible the message just has it backwards.
  • Thanks; I was not editing items in a group collection at the time, but I'll let you know if issues persist.

Regards,

Jim P.
  • OK. In that case it sounds like it's just a bug. The good news there is that some of these erroneous conflicts should go away in the not-too-distant future with some upcoming sync changes.
  • Good; thanks.

Jim P.