files (pdf) not syncing

I bought storage on zotero about 6 months ago and have been syncing citation data + associated PDF files since with no problems. About two weeks ago, PDF files stopped syncing mysteriously. Citation data still syncs no problem. However PDFs do not sync. The green arrow keeps spinning for hours (in fact entire days). No progress bar is shown for files, contrary to what http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/sync_queuing says. My library on zotero.org shows a PDF attachment (the file name), but the file isn't actually there. Please advise. Thank you.
  • Thanks. Report ID: 1900086417
  • [JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'upload request 'null/TK6QN428' already exists in Zotero.Sync.Storage.Queue.addRequest()' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "native frame :: :: :: line 0" data: no]"]
    Upgrade to Firefox 17 and try again. If you still have the same problem, temporarily disable auto-sync in the Sync pane of the Zotero prefs, restart Firefox, and provide a Debug ID for the first sync attempt after the restart.
  • Thanks. Now upgraded to 17.0 and submitted the debug output. Debug ID: D195361805
  • I'll have to look into why this is happening, but as a quick fix, load this URL in Firefox:

zotero://select/items/0_TK6QN428

That should highlight the attachment in Zotero that's causing trouble. Choose Show File from the Locate (or right-click) menu and move the PDF to your desktop. If you then delete the attachment item in Zotero and empty your trash, I'm hoping that this will go away. (If not, we'll have to investigate further.) You can then drag the file back into Zotero on top of the parent item to create a new child attachment.
  • Thanks. It seems like this fixed the problem -- files have started syncing again. There were actually two identical copies of the PDF file associated with that problematic record (not too sure why -- I probably added it twice by mistake?). Perhaps this explains the problem.