Zotero (Firefox plug-in) crash after adding a paper (ID 1178054529)

I am experiencing problems with Zotero on my work PC since it has been migrated to Windows 7 (64 bit). So far, no crash has been repoducible. This one is, at least on this machine:

1) Go to http://iopscience.iop.org/0957-4484/19/48/485301.
2) Click the "sheet" icon in the address bar to add the paper to the zotero library.
3) Accept the two Windows security warnings about pdfinfo (http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/8084/pdfinfo-and-pdftotext-security-warnings/)
4) Do something in the Zotero pane, for example click on another item or try to add a comment.
5) See that "an error has occured" and restart Firefox to be able to use Zotero again.
6) Repeat ;-)
  • Can you provide a Debug ID for this?
  • First, though, upgrade to 3.0.11 and make sure it still happens.
  • I upgraded to 3.0.11 (manually, I have no idea why the automatioc updates kept me at 3.0.8), but the problem is still there. The Debug ID is D437738604.
  • edited November 27, 2012
    I have no idea why the automatioc updates kept me at 3.0.8
    You installed Zotero originally from the Mozilla Add-ons site. The version there is out of date due to a problem on their end. The version from zotero.org will always receive the latest updates as soon as they're available.
    [JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80630003 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_CONSTRAINT) [mozIStorageStatement.execute]" nsresult: "0x80630003 (NS_ERROR_STORAGE_CONSTRAINT)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/fulltext.js :: indexWords :: line 259" data: no]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/fulltext.js" line: 259}]
    Does your database pass the integrity check in the Advanced pane of the Zotero prefs?
  • > Does your database pass the integrity check in the Advanced pane of the Zotero prefs?

It did not. I repaired it using the online tool and now I cannot reproduce the error.

Thanks for your help!