Mac OS Leopard and iWorks '08

Does Zotero work well with the new Mac OS and iWorks '08? Are there any problems I should be concerned about? I'm thinking of upgrading my computer and going with iWork instead of Microsoft Works for the Mac.

Thanks,

Victor
  • Try a search on the forums before posting. Someone just asked about this yesterday.
  • Okay the search revealed a lot of techno babble that means nothing to me. A simple answer as to whether or not it works with iWorks 08 would be great. Also I have heard from other grad students that Zotero does not work with Leopard. Is that true? Simple answers please, I'm not a techno geek.
  • I did give a "bottom line" answer free of jargon there: no, not supported, and it's really largely Apple's problem. In short, don't hold your breath.

Zotero works fine on Leopard AFAIK (I'm using it now). It does not work with Word 2008 (because of changes that MIcrossoft made; again, not Zotero's fault).

You night try NeoOffice and see what you think of it. It's free, and should work fine with Zotero on Leopard.
  • edited April 8, 2008
    Slight expansion on Bruce's comments: Zotero has no special support for iWorks, but you can copy formatted references to the clipboard & paste them into Pages. Supposedly people are using this kind of workflow with google documents & there's no reason you couldn't use it "everywhere." This is only a baby step better than doing everything by hand & I wouldn't want to rely on this for long documents, but it may be enough for some people.
  • Thank you for the reply. I still have my copy of MS Works '04 for Mac so I will stick with that when I buy my new Leopard machine today.

Using the clipboard method for my thesis would be to much work. I'll stick with older version of MS Works, since it works.
  • Ive been using NeoOffice the mac openoffice port on leopard. Im just in the last few weeks of my dissertation, and its been working beautifully.

So if ur looking for something with the functionality of Microsoft word, but without the costs, go with NeoOffice.