Name attachment according to metadata right away

After an attachment is created, it gets a name. If you then use the contextual menu to "rename file from parent metadata", it gets a different name.

Allow that second name to be the first name it gets.
  • note that Zotero distinguishes between labels and filenames. Files are already renamed automatically, it's just the label that isn't.
  • Hmmm, yes, I hadn't noticed that. So the request is, I guess, that the label set automatically to the same thing it becomes upon executing the renaming option, or at least that there's an option to do that. (Seems odd to me that this isn't done automatically.)
  • There's a case for the lable - I actually prefer it, because it tells me with one look - without scrolling down to check the library catalog field - where an item came from. It's also useful for item with multiple attachments with the same icon - we don't have that a lot, but e.g. the Wikimedia commons translator attaches both a And I trust that Zotero will rename the file correctly under the hood.

That said, there are multiple threads on this and there are many people who feel the same way you do - I forgot what the status of this is, mark keeps pushing the issue so he'd know if he comes by or you can search a little and probably find them.
  • I'm all for options. Just a little prefs checkbox would make me happy. :-)