disambiguation not working

I have noticed that the disambiguation is not working all that well when attempting to distinguish between works by the same author in the same year. When starting a new document in OOo and adding the said works the disambiguation work fine ie Smith 2000a, Smith 2000b etc however, when adding these same citations into a larger document which has existing citations it seems to 'break'.

The citations appear as Smith 2000 and Smith 2000. The "itemID" displayed when hovering over the citations are different (indicating they are pointing to two different references). When inserting the reference list their is no distinguishing between the two references (except by title).

Is this issue a known problem?
Is it anticipated to be fixed in an up-coming release?

Thanks in advance,

Craig
  • hi - has anyone been able to fix this problem? Other than manually tyoing in a, b, etc... (which is lost on a zotero refresh) I cant figure any other way of sorting it.

Thanks

Emma
  • What style are you using?
  • I'm having the same problem when the document reaches approx. 100 citations: new sources with same Author-Year are not differentiated. I'm using the American Sociological Association style. Tried also the Modern Humanities Research with no luck.
  • im using harvard.

not sure whether sometime there is slight variation in the information zotero downloads so it doesnt recognise the same author and same date??