Twitter translator? "Save to Zotero" icon disappeared.

Hi,

This isn't a big thing, but two weeks ago I was thrilled to see that I could save tweets to Zotero. Clicking on one would enable a "save to zotero" icon in the URL bar. The icon captured the tweet with a lot of useful metadata. This saved *tons* of time for my research!

Sadly, this week, I went back to save some more, and the icon no longer appears. I'm still able to use "create new item from current page," but then I have to manually enter the metadata.

I tried on two different computers, and both in stand-alone (which I normally use) as well as browser-based versions. I also tried to update translators on both.

Any suggestions gratefully accepted! Thanks!
  • confirmed - we'll fix it asap, shouldn't be very long. It's unfortunately a little fragile, small changes in twitter break the translator.
  • This will be a bit complicated to fix. Technically, the translator works. The problem is that clicking on "Details" does not exactly trigger Zotero to check if the new page is recognized. In the mean time, you can reload the tweet page and the URL bar icon should appear.

@Dan, Simon, I'm guessing that Twitter uses something like described here. Do you think Zotero could trigger detectWeb on window.history.pushState, and onpopstate?
  • Ah, okay, thanks for the fix (even if temporary), it is working, and I will try to reload next time.

I have to say this is absolutely awesome, because the snapshot reproduces the tweet perfectly. Earlier attempts (maybe 6 months ago) would capture the tweet (with "create new item"), but it wasn't possible to click on the snapshot and get the formatting and content. Only opening the link in a word doc would allow for some of the tweet to be recovered. Now it works so well, even if I'm capturing a page of tweets with "create new item".

Another win for Zotero!!