LOC from Firefox Search Box

Zotero doesn't pick up the data from LoC results when the search is carried out from the Firefox searchbox.
Instead one has to go to the LoC catalogue and then enter the details.
It would much more convenient if the data could be picked up from the firefox LoC search box results instead.
  • I'm not familiar with one, but are you talking about a LOC Firefox search plug-in? If so, please point us to a copy of the plug-in for testing. Or are you talking about the search box at the top of the LOC home page? If it's the latter, I don't believe it will work with Zotero, since that search box only returns collections and other materials, not cataloged items with associated metadata.
  • I'm referring to the LoC Firefox search plug-in.

I can't find a URL for actual plug-in, but if you go to the below link:-
    http://mycroft.mozdev.org/
    And enter 'congress' in the search box a list of library of congress plug-ins will show.

I'm using the 'Library of congress keyword' plug-in. This returns catalogued libraru entries.

Many thanks,
    John
  • It looks like that plug-in doesn't generate a URL with a process ID. As a result, the returned pages don't contain all of the information that Zotero requires (in this case, access to MARC binaries).