Zotero has lost my attachments since changing computers

Error report ID 1400780565
I didn't understand the error report, but since syncing to a new machine at work I seem to be unable to open the PDF attachments to my Zotero library, and the red 'sync error' exclamation mark is permanently there. I shall need to chack out whether this is true on my other computers (home and second post at work) but meanwhile, if anyone can help I should be very grateful!
  • [JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIFile.remove]" nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage.js :: _deleteExistingAttachmentFiles :: line 1322" data: no]" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/storage.js" line: 1322}]
    Can you provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces the error?
  • D606076133.

Many thanks for your prompt reply.
  • This could be due to security software you have installed on your system, but you're also running Firefox 8, which is extremely old and has security vulnerabilities. Assuming you have administrative control of this machine, you should first upgrade to the latest version of Firefox and make sure auto-upgrades are enabled. If that doesn't solve the problem, security software or other restrictions on Firefox's disk access are likely at fault.
  • Hi Dan

Many thanks for your help. I have now upgraded direct from the FF website (lucky I have admin rights) and also alerted my institution that their managed software (where I upgraded from before) is way out of date. Believe it or not, when I first logged on to this new machine it was running FF 3.1! And, happily, the attachments seem to be back. I love Zotero to bits.