problems with small caps

Hey,

I am overstrained once more... Small caps fot the word "und" (=and) between the authors in the bibliography looks strange to me. It should be just small type. I can't handle it :(

LANDRES, P., BARR, B. UND KORMOS, C. 2012: A Comparison of International Wilderness Laws. In Vorbereitung.

should be

LANDRES, P., BARR, B. und KORMOS, C. 2012: A Comparison of International Wilderness Laws. In Vorbereitung.

Does somebody know the answer? I would be very appreciated!!!
https://gist.github.com/3916943

A nice weekend by the way
  • In the style, it looks like small-caps formatting is applied only to the family name part in the short form macro. If you apply the same logic to the other name element (for the long form), things should look right.
  • Sorry, but it did not work - actually this altered nothing :(
  • nicolas: at the moment, with your style
    Compare your macros "author" and "author-short", the answer is there...

The "author" macro is used for the bibliography. It uses font-variant="small-caps" as an attribute for the cs:name element. As a consequence, everything (family, given, "and"/"und") is in small caps.

The "author-short" macro is used for the inline citations. It uses font-variant="small-caps" as an attribute for the cs:name-part (here: name-part name="family") element. That's why only the family name is in small caps.

Then, you've to edit the "author" macro:
    -remove (including the"/"): font-variant="small-caps"/
    -add: <name-part name="family" font-variant="small-caps"/>
    <name-part name="given" font-variant="small-caps"/>
    </name>

(The name-part name="given" line is actually not necessary since your style initializes given names.)

Everything was in adamsmith's message in the thread I linked to. And in fbennett's post.
    Understood?
  • You can just set the small-caps on the parent cs:names element, no?
  • Do you mean <names variable="author" font-variant="small-caps"> ? With that, you get "AND"/"UND" in small caps too.
  • Ah, right. Sorry, misread the earlier post.
  • sorry to hijack this a little but as for CSL - is there a reason we allow formatting like small caps on cs:names but don't allow text-case (which can only be applied to name parts)?
  • Unfortunatley it does not work :(
    It looks like that, or:
    https://gist.github.com/3921129
  • nicolas: have you read my post?
  • edited October 19, 2012
    In the macro "author", you have small-caps set on the "name" element. In the macro "author-short" you have it set on two "name-part" elements. The configuration in the "author" macro needs to look like that in "author-short".

(it's the same advice as that you're getting from Gracile)
  • It seems that I did not :(
    OK - but now it works! Thanks a lot for your help!