[MLZ]"document.createNode is not a function" zotero error id 136886930

no clue where this is coming from. Since search for the document create node didn't match any results.

Anybody has a clue what might be going wrong?

FF15, OS X 10.8.2, MLZ Zotero. Nothing was recently updated or changed, just popped up 3 days ago.

Thx in advance
DP
  • (you want to include "MLZ" in the title of the thread so fbennett sees this. You can edit the title by editing the first post).
  • @duncdrum: This was a bug in the citation processor version in the MLZ client, exposed to the Web only for a short time. Updating MLZ should make the error go away.
  • Reinstalled the MLZ client from http://citationstylist.org/tools/, also updated styles, alas still the same error.

Also updated FF to 16.0.1.

I m might be missing an update channel, or the problem is still in there. Is there something else I can do on my end?
  • played around for a bit but still no luck. Latest error number 1939625140
  • Thanks for coming back on this one. I don't have direct access to the error reports, but a more careful inspection of the code turned up another instance of this bad function. The bug would have been triggered by code that drives the Related display.

I've applied a fix and put up a fresh release. I'm on the road at the moment, and my access to the release server is uncertain. Any further follow-up may have to wait until early next week, but try reinstalling and see if the new code gets you going again.
  • Dear Frank,

thanks for the follow up. While i was playing around with my syncing options, I decided to reset sync and move to a new WebDav which I had planned on doing for some time.

Resetting got rid of the document.create.node problem, (combined with some manual transfer of files between my computers).

Looking forward to your update still. I have one more question though, is it normal behavior for MLZ to not add a new language on all copies of Zotero, after syncing when it was added on one machine?

Still loving MLZ just in case anybody was wondering :)
  • Language definitions and supplementary fields will not sync currently. Sync depends on the Zotero sync server, which is designed to work with the mainstream client version. The best available method for moving data between multilingual data between machines is to sync first, then export records from the source machine, import on the target, and merge duplicates. It's a little cumbersome, but much less work than retyping.