Could someone kick the sync queue for my account?

Hi, I tried a few weeks ago to create a group library of over 50,000 items and the sync server said, uh, no. I deleted the group library and was able to get my instance of Standalone on a mac to re-sync just fine. My instance of Standalone on my Windows netbook will not re-sync, despite 1) waiting (days), 2) using the Options ... Reset ... Restore from Zotero server feature and 3) deleting Standalone from my program files and re-installing. Any idea what the problem might be? Are old sync requests for me still sitting in a queue someplace, and if so could they be deleted? Many thanks for your advice!
  • There's not really anything to reset. You have a queued full download for 137K items (between your personal and group libraries), which will probably not be able to finish given the current syncing system. Your best bet is to manually transfer your data from another computer.

As I mentioned in your other thread, we're working on some improvements that will help people like you with multiple massive libraries.
  • Also, I'm not sure what group you deleted, but, just to be clear, you still have a group with 60K items.
  • Right, but I've deleted the massive group library and given up on that project (for now). I just want to get back to my teensy pre-existing library that I had before I started the project. I'm guessing that 137K sync has been sitting there unfinished for several weeks now. Can you remove the 137K sync from the queue manually, so I can sync Standalone with the (well within the parameters of Zotero working smoothly) library that's now showing for me on the web?
  • Oh. Massive library not deleted, there it is. I swear I did delete it. I will try again to delete it.
  • Zotero gives me a server error when I attempt to delete the library (TOCS-IN Test). Can you delete it manually?
  • edited October 3, 2012
    The deletion went through eventually, but note that you don't have a "teensy" personal library. You have a personal library with 70K items, which is towards the extreme upper end of Zotero libraries. You now have a download queued for that, but I don't know if it will finish.
  • Ok, it now looks like my personal library has 70,000 items in it - it used to have fewer than 100. So I am guessing that items from that large group library got into my personal library somehow.

Things are changing minute to minute. Now my personal library is back down to 29 items (its original size).

Then I should have access to 2 group libraries, one with ca. 520 items and one with ca. 430. That can;t possibly add up to 70K, can it?
  • And now my personal library has 70,000 items again.
  • I am so sorry I broke this nice thing!
  • Look, I am wondering if I should delete (or stop using) my account and start over entirely. Would that be the easiest fix at this point?
  • You can reduce/restore your personal library locally to what you want it to be make sure you empty your Zotero trash at the bottom of the left hand panel and the in the Zotero preferences under Sync --> Reset 'Restore to Server'
  • edited October 3, 2012
    Things are changing minute to minute.
    I'm not sure what you're looking at, but there shouldn't be any need to use Restore to Zotero Server if you see the 70K items locally. Just delete the items locally, empty the trash, and sync.