downloading from page in chrome

Hi,

I've just started using the chrome connector for zotero standalone, and I'm unable to pull open-access, unrestricted pdfs from websites (the function that would be carried out by 'create new item from current page' in Firefox). For example, there is no way to save this pdf to my library http://www.dfat.gov.au/geo/fs/aust.pdf even though no proxy or password or anything except a browser is required to view it.

Oddly enough, I don't have any problems downloading pdfs through a proxy from Google Scholar ... but this is not how I generally get my pdfs.
  • Nothing odd about that - it's not that anything isn't working, it's just that the implementation of getting PDFs directly into Standalone is a bit less smooth than with Firefox. Having the software right in the browser has advantages, though I'd expect something nicer to be implemented at some point.

Your options are to
    1. Save the item and drag it to Zotero
    2. Use Zotfile to almost-automate that
    3. Drag the URL from Chrome to Standalone (drag the little earth-shape to the left). I'm only about 80% this latter option works and it doesn't work on linux.