Inconsistency in reported storage usage

Hi,

Just got a warning from Zotero in my browser that my quota was full and it could not sync anymore files. Fine, I thought, I'll just upgrade, but on logging on to the website I see I'm only 86% full on my 100Mb free quota!

Then, I tried deleting some stored pdfs to free up some space. I removed them from the trash, which then allowed the plugin to sync, but then on the website it says I'm now 87% full!

So two questions:
1. why are the zotero plugin and website telling me different things about my usage?
2. why does my usage go up when deleting pdfs from my library?

Thanks.

p.s. I've looked in the FAQ and searched the forum for any info, but didn't see any.
  • It sounds like you had a file that would have pushed you over quota, resulting in the error and warning. Only the browser client would know about that, since only it has access to the files queued for syncing. After your cleanup, one or more smaller files seem to have gone through, resulting in the increase in your online storage.

That's what it sounds like to me; maybe someone else can provide another take.
  • Thanks for the comment.

You could be right. I just tried deleting some more pdfs and now I'm down 70% full.

Must have just been coincidence that the files I deleted were approximately the same size as what I was syncing.