No longer syncing with Zotero server, associated files are locked

I am experiencing a syncing issue that I suspect may be server-side.

I have followed a number of troubleshooting tips in the forum: waiting for hours, emptying the trash, etc. So far, I have had not had success with any of them.

In the debug log, it repeats a message about Associated libraries being locked, with slight variations.

[...]
(5)(+0070000): SELECT version FROM version WHERE schema='lastremotesync'
(5)(+0000000): SELECT version FROM version WHERE schema='lastlocalsync'
(3)(+0000000): HTTP POST version=9&sessionid=********&lastsync=1342637374&upload=1 to https://sync.zotero.org/updated
(3)(+0000636): <?xml version="1.0"?>
<response version="9" timestamp="1347914565"><locked wait="70000"/></response>
(3)(+0000000): Associated libraries are locked -- waiting 70000ms before next check
[...]

Please reference debug log D1231600635.

Is there anything else that can be done?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
  • edited September 17, 2012
    anything unusual about your set-up? Do you have the Zotero folder in the default location?

edit: and I assume you've tried restarting Firefox/Zotero?
  • edited September 17, 2012
    I moved the Zotero folder to my Documents so I can use Spotlight to find/index items.

I have restarted FireFire & Zotero numerous times.
  • You appear to have an exceptionally large (6.5 MB) note that's causing problems on the server. We should return an error message in this case, but in the meantime you can fix it on your end.

If you're using Zotero for Firefox, load the URL zotero://report/items/0_2K4RX5XJ in the address bar and you should be able to see the item in question. If you're using Standalone, look for a child note of an item created/modified on August 10, 2011.

Shorten the note (or delete it and empty the trash), restart Zotero/Firefox, and try again.
  • I have deleted the note, emptied the trash, restarted, and currently am going through the syncing process at the moment. I'll let it run for a while.
  • Looks promising. The sync has completed on my primary machine and changes are reflected on the Zotero web interface. :)

I am now going to sync my laptop.
  • Alright. All set. Thank you for your help.