after merging or unattaching the view hops

this is very frustrating because it's difficult to find the reference again that was being updated...
  • Please describe your issue in greater detail. What version of Zotero? FF or Zotero stand alone? What OS? What are you merging? What do you mean by "hops"? Do you mean that a listing of items returns to the beginning of the list and you want it to return to the place in the list where you were before your action?
  • edited September 9, 2012
    What do you mean by "hops"? Do you mean that a listing of items returns to the beginning of the list and you want it to return to the place in the list where you were before your action?
    Yes. One example is when an item is renamed (if sorted after title). Either I would expect the view to move to where the item is on the list, or for the list view to remain unchanged even if the item moves. What seems to happen is something in-between and I must either scroll to find my place again or the renamed item.

One solution might be a "lock" toggle to freeze the current list view even if an item is renamed and jumps to a different rank on the list.

Another example of when an attachment is unattached from its reference by dragging (in the case of it being mislabeled) and one has to scroll to the beginning or end to find it to run the metadata search after it is dropped.

I'm using Mac M. Lion with Z. Standalone (latest ver).