Exporting abstracts

I might have missed this, but is there a way to export a bibliography in a style that would include abstracts?

That's the one thing missing to make Zotero absolutely perfect for me!

Thanks!
  • edited March 20, 2008
    You can create a custom style that includes abstracts. It would be better in the long run to have a preference to export with/without abstracts, for any style, analogous to the url export preference.
  • That would be great, except that I have NO IDEA how to do that... I'm not familiar enough with those tools to create my own style. I was hoping someone would tell me they already created such a style...

Shame on my non-techie me.
  • Abstracts would be great, and also notes. I.m also not a techie but if you can point me to some sort of info on custom styles I could try

Thanks!
  • If you paste chrome://zotero/content/tools/csledit.xul into your location bar you can load up references and a existing style and then edit the style live. You might also consider checking out http://dev.zotero.org/creating_citation_styles and http://dev.zotero.org/csl_syntax_summary . We plan to improve this documentation and make the process a bit more clear in the near future but this should give you a bit of a start.
  • All right, I've played a little with the link you gave. But how exactly do I create the CSL file? Do I just change the XML extension to a CSL one? I tried that, and my style does not appear... What am I doing wrong?

(A clearer documentation would be MUCH appreciated, in deed!)
  • Yes, you need to copy the text from the editor and save it with .csl extension. Then all you need to do is drag it into your browser. This should prompt you to install the CSL.
  • I did it! I used the raw files instead of the editor and made modifications in Notepad. I think there was something wrong with the CSL file I generated from the editor.

The editor helped me understand the CSL, though!

Thanks!