OpenOffice - BASIC runtime error

I'm revising a document created in OpenOffice, and the Zotero macro now crashes every time I attempt to create a new citation.

The error message is:

BASIC runtime error.
An exception occurred
Type: com.sun.star.lang.IllegalArgumentException

And I'm dumped into the debugger. The highlighted line is:
fnRangeComp = thisComponent.Text.compareRegionStarts (oR1, oR2) > 0

The call stack is:
0: fnRangeComp
1: subShellSort(mMarks=...)
2: fnGetMarks(ZoteroUseBookmarks=False)
3: fnUpdate(False=False, False=False)
4: ZoteroInsertCitation

Any help in correcting this problem would be greatly appreciated. I'd be happy to upload my library and document somewhere if that would help.
  • Hi there, I had this problem a while back but don't think there was any definite fix. One thing would be worth checking, is that you haven't deleted any of the references from your document from Zotero. It's possibly a dodgy reference in there.

Regards, Jon.
  • I can confirm the error, have been getting it occasionally, but am unable to replicate it.
  • I think the error's somehow linked to the record changes feature. After disabling this feature and accepting all prior changes, the macro worked perfectly again.
  • I can confirm this solution to the problem. (bug squashers please hear my cry)

Thanks Vinco, I was pulling my hair out over this problem - I should have goggled it earlier.
  • I can confirm that this deff works, i was going nuts too with the same issue.

Thanks for the answer.