Error when dragging PDF into Zotero - Report ID 39189134

Windows 7 Prof. 64 bit
Firefox 14.0.1
Zotero 3.0.8

The error occurs repeatably when I drag a PDF file from my desktop onto an entry in Zotero. I first get the two security questions that always come up since Windows 7, and then I get "error occured, please restart Firefox".
  • I tried different items in Zotero - same problem.
    I tried different PDF files - no problem except for the one. I can open it without any problem in other applications.
  • I found another PDF with which I can reproduce the same problem.

I also found out than when I add the PDF not be dragging, but by choosing "attach file" in Zotero, it is attached (other than with the dragging method), but Zotero produces an error when I next click into the central pane. Report ID for this case: 1705474909
  • I first get the two security questions that always come up since Windows 7
    What does that mean?
    I also found out than when I add the PDF not be dragging, but by choosing "attach file" in Zotero, it is attached (other than with the dragging method), but Zotero produces an error when I next click into the central pane.
    When you click on UI elements, Zotero checks to make sure a previous operation hasn't failed. So this just means it failed while adding the PDF.

Can you provide a Debug ID for an add attempt (through the menu is probably better)?
  • Those warnings are about pdfinfo-Win32.exe and seem to occur only when the zotero files are stored on a mapped network drive. They are described in http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/8084/.

Today, I could not reproduce the problem as I could two weeks ago. I managed to provoke one crash with I could not reproduce and unfortunately logging was off. I will try again when I have more time.