Jump to Location in hierarchy after double click on search result

Subject says it all, it would be cool if after a search, when I double click on a result, it jumps to the position in the hierarchy where it was created (that is, where it "is" and not only a reference).

My note collection is getting so big that I often do not know where I have something stored, and search helps me find the info, but doesn't help me when I want to locate where in the collection hierarchy it is.

Regards,
Peter
  • Double-clicking is currently reserved for opening a note in a pop-up window, but Beta 3 has two new features that can help with this issue:

1) In collections and saved searches, there is a new "Show in Library" option when you right-click on an item that takes you to the item in its hierarchical position in the library.

2) When doing a quicksearch from the toolbar, the selection in the items pane is now retained when clearing the search, so you can search, click on an item, and clear the search to select the item in context.

Beta 3 is available for download from the home page or via Tools->Add-ons->Find Updates for those who installed from zotero.org and not addons.mozilla.org.
  • Thanks for the information, that indeed solves my problem :-)
    BTW, super upgrade, great new features!
  • Hi,

I also would like to be able to see what 'collection' or 'sub-colection' (ie what folder) at item is in when i do a quick search or when just browsing the highest level 'My Library' folder - perhaps an extra tab could be added to the right hand pane - to display the folder the item has been stored in?

Clicking 'Show in Library' does not open up the folder tree to display the items location - just jumps to the 'my library' collection.

Regards
    Andy
  • I also would like to be able to see what 'collection' or 'sub-colection' (ie what folder) at item is in when i do a quick search or when just browsing the highest level 'My Library' folder
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/388/
  • Oh right! thanks - that is a really neat feature...