some notes issues-- one bug and one suggestion

hi,

I have searched around a bit but do not see these topics.. sorry if they have been asked (I can't be the only person with these issues, at least the 2nd one)

- first, a bug-- when I use notes, fairly often after I enter tags the tag fields stay visible, even after I have closed the note and sometimes zotero altogether. I cannot click on them, cannot edit them, and they get in the way of other things (literally-- as in blocking the view of whatever is behind them on the screen. The only way to get them to go away is to close that firefox window and reopen zotero in a new one.

- also, it seems like a good idea to have the option of having more than one note open at a time. As far as I can tell this is not possible now.

- Similarly, if I open a note, then go to another program (say Word or Acrobat), then switch back by clicking on the larger Firefox window, the main window is blocking the little note pop-up and I cannot get it back unless I minimize the main window to find it hiding behind. Seems like if I click on that note's title it should come to the foreground-- or maybe always stay in the foreground of Firefox, if that is possible? I hope this point makes sense as it is sort of hard to explain..

thanks, I hope these are not painfully obvious things.
  • first, a bug-- when I use notes, fairly often after I enter tags the tag fields stay visible, even after I have closed the note and sometimes zotero altogether.
    We're aware of this. It will hopefully be fixed in Firefox 3.
    also, it seems like a good idea to have the option of having more than one note open at a time. As far as I can tell this is not possible now.
    This is already possible. Just double-click on two separate notes in the middle pane, and they'll open in separate windows.
    Similarly, if I open a note, then go to another program (say Word or Acrobat), then switch back by clicking on the larger Firefox window, the main window is blocking the little note pop-up and I cannot get it back unless I minimize the main window to find it hiding behind.
    This doesn't really have anything to do with Zotero—it's just OS windows management. Zotero note windows are regular windows, like any other. On Windows they appear in the taskbar and are switchable with Alt-Tab, and on OS X they appear in the Firefox Dock icon's context menu and are switchable when Firefox is the active application with Command-` or by selecting them from the Dock menu.
    Seems like if I click on that note's title it should come to the foreground-- or maybe always stay in the foreground of Firefox, if that is possible?
    Try double-clicking. We're not able to set windows as always-on-top from within Zotero, but there are platform-specific programs that let you do this (such as WindowShade X on OS X).