Can't uninstall Zotero in Firefox

Pressed uninstall button in Firefox 2.0.0.12; received "Zotero will be uninstalled when Firefox is restarted" message... but after restarting, zotero is still ín the add-ons window, dimmed with the same message displayed. This wouldn't be a problem... the problem is that now I can't install it either...
And it seems it is affecting other add-ons now... sigh...
Mart
  • I don't think this is a Zotero issue.

Which operating system do you use? Are you absolutely sure that the firefox is being terminated (i.e. what does your process manager say &have you logged out or rebooted or taken some other action to ensure that it is actually closed)?
  • Hi Noksagt,
    I'm using Vista and yes of course I have not only closed Firefox but closed the computer several times. Zotero is still there...
  • Ok, it seems that wasn't a Zotero problem. There were another two applications that couldn't be uninstalled either. I found some suggestions in Mozilla forum about deleting the firefox extension 'staged-xpis' subfolder. I could uninstall Zotero doing that and just one of the other applications. Now I tried to install Zotero (that was the reason of trying to get rid of that partial unistallment) and I receive the message that FIrefox could not install the file becaus Unexpected installation error -203...
  • You may have more cleaning to do (or you can create a new profile):
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_install_themes_or_extensions_-_Firefox#Unexpected_installation_error_-203
  • That worked great! Thanks a lot Noksagt!
    : )