Trouble editing citations in Word 2008

Hello. I am having a strange issue with Zotero and Microsoft Word 2008. When I manually edit a footnote, using "Edit Citation," a strange line break gets added to the footnote. The italics also get removed from the title, and the following figure is added to my citation: "\i". You can't see the \i figure in the Word document, just the "classic" view of Add/Edit citation. I've tried to remove this figure and the line break manually, but it won't go away. Any suggestions? I have over 400 footnotes, at least half of which need manual editing. Thank you!
  • I don't know why you're having this issue, but
    Hello. I am having a strange issue with Zotero and Microsoft Word 2008. When I manually edit a footnote, using "Edit Citation,"
    suggests you're doing something unnecessary anyway.
    With Zotero 3.0+ you can just edit citations in the word document, no need to use the "show citation" editor (that's why it's not included in the quick format plugin).
  • Thank you for your prompt response. I didn't know about that update. Unfortunately, when I try to edit in the word document (the highlighted grey field) I still can't remove the page breaks. And when I try to add citations to my document, Word alternately adds the citations using roman numerals (instead of adding Arabic numbers in sequence), or gives me an error message. Have I corrupted my whole document somehow? Thanks again for your help!
  • what's the error message?
    Also, you may want to try running through these -
    http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#debugging_broken_documents
    it does sound like something in your doc got corrupted, yes.