Quick Copy not working in 3.0.8

Error report ID: 1266188383

Summary: Zotero in FF won't initially display a list of translators in the Default Output Format, and won't remember the choice once made.

Full description:

When I load the Preferences dialog upon a fresh start of Firefox and Zotero, the Quick Copy selection box is empty (nothing selected).

Furthermore, when clicking the icon to open and display the dropbox list, nothing happens (as if the list is empty).

Checking the checkbox "Copy as HTML" populates the list, and an item can then be selected.

However, when you close Preferences and return to the list, if you then perform a Quick Copy operation, the chosen citation format or translator is not used. Rather, some Harvard similar format is used regardless of what is chosen.

Then, if you load Preferences once more, the list of styles and translators is once more empty.

Version: 3.0.8
Firefox: 13.0.1
  • I'd try resetting your Zotero translators from the Advanced pane of the Zotero prefs.
  • Hey,

Thanks. Yep I've tried that (adamsmith suggested it in a previous thread where I first logged the same issue: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/23885/using-zoteroselect-to-create-links-but-not-via-a-translator/). I re-logged the issue here cos I only posted about it half way down in that thread after clarifying some things.

It made no difference.
  • Have you tried disabling all your other Firefox extensions?
  • Hi Dan,

Just tried with everything save the various Zotero extensions disabled, but the problem was still there.

I then tried with everything save the core Zotero extension disabled (Analytics, Word plugin, etc shut down). That didn't work either.

Simon
  • that's SEASR analytics? That's almost certainly the problem. There are multiple reports of that interfering with quick copy - see e.g. here -
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/18767/zotero-preference-buttons-and-dropdowns-blank/

so try uninstalling it, restart Firefox and try again.