multiple articles in same anthology/collection

At the moment, if I am using more than one article from the same book, I list these as separate items in my library (usually I copy the entry and change the relevant information). But the problem with this technique is that zotero in the footnotes cannot recognize when the book title (as opposed to the article title) has already been cited in full. Does Zotero have a way to deal with this?

Thanks -
  • How are you characterising the item type, as an "Article" or "Book Section"? Try the latter and see if that works better. MWP
  • No, Zotero doesn't have a way to deal with this. Hierarchical item types - i.e. a way to mark chapters as sub-items of an edited volume - are on the longtime menu of planned features, but since this requires - among other things - substantial changes in the database model it's not going to be implemented any time soon.
  • edited July 11, 2012
    OK, good to know anyway. And poirmw, I already characterize them as book sections. Thanks to you both.
  • I am curious to know if you've managed to get far enough down the longlist to address this issue. I seem to be having it still. THanks.