Bug with the dash's page?

Hello,

I think we have a small bug, otherwise i expect help from the community if possible!
When i have an article, chapter of a book, ... we put in the case "Page" two number like : 115-150.
The dash between the two number is a small one (the html code is : & #45; witout the space). In english you call it figure-dash (in French "trait d'union")
But when i choose a citation style in export (all the style of Zotero!), i've got 115-150, with a bigger dash (the html code is : & #8211; without the space). In english you call it "En dash (in French "tiret demi-cadratin")
In french, using an En dash instead of A figure-dash is a mistake, and there is no way to fix it in the citation style...

Thank's for helping!
  • This happens on purpose (in English and many other languages you never want a hyphen as a page delimiter, so Zotero converts it), so it's not a bug in the technical sense, but we're aware that it's not always correct.
    This will definitely be customizable with the next CSL version (CSL 1.1, due out soon and immediately compatible with Zotero), but I forgot what the status quo is, i.e. if there's already a workaround in place - if you search around on the forum you should find the old thread.
  • Thank's for the answer.

I will also wait for the CSL 1.1 (for when is it? in some weeks? months?)
    Sorry, i didn't succeed to make the search by myself before, i didn't have the vocabulary in english for it but since your answer, it will be easy!
  • probably weeks rather than months.
  • With an update of zotero (3.0.8) and with that in the local
    <term name="page-range-delimiter">‑</term>

It's finally working, thank's a lot ;)
  • That should be CSL 1.0.1 instead of 1.1. There is one thing holding back a release, which is the ongoing discussion on supporting ordinals in other languages. I hope we can wrap that up in a few weeks.