Positive confirmation that reference has been added to Zotero (Google Chrome Plugin)

Currently when I add a reference to Zotero using the Google Chrome plugin, a small grey box appears in the bottom-right corner of the screen telling me that the reference is being added. However, I don't get any confirmation when the reference has actually *been* added.

It would be great if the border of the grey box, which is currently red, could turn green when the reference has been added.
  • In the Chrome and Safari connectors, if the reference hasn't been added yet, the icon on the left will appear grayed out. When the icon turns fully opaque, the item has been added. (When Zotero Standalone is open, item saving happens nearly instantaneously, so you may not notice this. However, it should be apparent when Zotero Standalone is closed and items are saved to the Zotero server.)
  • Thanks, Simon. I've got version 3.0.3 of the connector installed in Chrome and I'm not sure what you mean by "an icon on the left". I'm on a Mac so maybe that's what's confusing the issue.

When I'm on a page that could be added to Zotero as a reference (e.g., something on worldcat.org) a book icon appears in Chrome's address bar. When I click this the reference is saved to Zotero, but the icon itself doesn't change.

See https://skitch.com/jimbensteadjim0203/er53m/harry-potter-and-the-sorcerers-stone-book-1998-worldcat.org for a screenshot that might explain things a little better.
  • I'm referring to the icon to the left of the reference title in the "Saving Items..." box that appears in the bottom-right corner of your screen after you click the URL bar icon.
  • Ah, thanks. I've tried saving another reference and a book icon (the same as the one in the Chrome address bar) does indeed fade in.

I don't think this is great from a user interface point of viewHow , though. Some sort of green tick or similar seems like a better solution to me. What's the best way to suggest this to the Zotero development team?
  • edited July 4, 2012
    What's the best way to suggest this to the Zotero development team?
    you're talking to it. Simon wrote and develops the connectors.
  • :)

Thanks for your great work, Simon. I'm preparing for a PhD at the moment and Zotero is proving really useful.

If you could have a look at this aspect of the UI at some point I think it would be an improvement.