Current status of Citeline/Exhibit and Zotero integration?

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows the current status of integration between Citeline and Zotero? Or any tips for the best way to go about integrating them?

There was a flurry of posts in the forum between 2009-2010 about various possibilities and avenues people have tried, but not much since then. Someone posted a link to this KB article and asked people to update it with experiences (http://www.zotero.org/support/kb/exhibit), but it doesn't seem much has been added.

Specifically: I'm looking for a way to have a set of references which can be annotated to various degrees (1-line summary, 1-paragraph summary, summary, outline, etc), where these annotations can be viewed/hidden as required. Importantly, I'd like to be able to setup links between different references in these annotations.

I've managed to get the first half of that working using Exhibit/Citeline (http://simonkittle.com/bibliographies/a-partially-annotated-bibliography-of-frankfurt-style-cases.html).

The next step is to find a way to link between the different annotations. (I can't just use Zotero for this, because Zotero can't do it: you can't store a link in a Zotero note to another item in the library).

Ideally, I'd like the links between citations in the overview/summary etc to the items in the bibliography to be direct: clicking would take you to that item in the bibliography. But I can't see that's going to be very easy in Citeline. So my idea was to use hyperlinks to the item's page on the Zotero website. You can store hyperlinks in Zotero notes, even though Zotero can't navigate through those links. I've re-written the old zotselect-link.js to produce a link to the item's page on the Zotero website (i.e. in the Library section). So this kind of citing is now really easy, and I was thinking of perhaps having this appear in a popup on the Citeline produced bibliography page. (Unfortunately, despite the fact that you can use a zotselect-style js file to create links to the page on the web versio of the library, you can't really navigate those links practically even on the website, because the content (the entire item's page) opens in the tiny IFRAME.)

Anyway, I just wanted to ask if anyone has gone down this route before, or if anyone knows of a better way to accomplish this kind of thing?

Basically, I want to have a list of references which I can annotate, and, as a crucial part of that annotation, setup a host of hyperlinks between entries. (Zotero notes don't navigate, Zotero 'Related' items aren't fine-grained enough, just using a Word file doesn't work because again, the Citations don't hyperlink).

Many thanks