Gmail and Quick Copy bug

Before I describe the bug, this is a bug in Gmail and not Zotero, but it might take Gmail years to fix this, so I think maybe Zotero can perform a little magic.

For my testing I used Elsevier's Harvard style (with titles). I think other styles should produce the same results, but I have not tested.

Bug: When quick copying a full reference and then pasting into Gmail, Gmail places the cursor inside the outter div. The effect is that any text that you type after the reference uses hanging indents. If the reference is pasted at the very end of the email message (no other characters after it) there is no way that I could find to move the cursor outside the div. And if you paste several of these references the effect keeps accumulating.

This effect is best visible in Firefox, but it is still present in Chrome (there are some differences in the way css:text-indent is treated).

Solution (sort of):
If a space is added immediately after the last this problem goes away.

Gmail uses the "HTML Format" data in the clipboard when you paste, so I think only that format would need to be modified. The nice thing about this is that white space should be ignored in html anyway. Thus, I don't think this would affect the paste output in other software.

BTW, I was using ClipView InsideClipboard (Windows) to view and manipulate clipboard data. It's pretty neat.

Dan, Simon, any thoughts on this before I start fiddling with code?