Can't change the citation style in a document

Hi everyone,

I'm writing an article using word 2008, last version of firefox and zotero 3.07 (all that under Mac OS X 10.7). I added citations as bookmarks because I am sharing the doc with a OO.o user and everything worked fine. I got some errors due to a synchronization problem between my home and work computers (the latter is a PC with windows 7 and office 2010). Now I am trying to change (or even select the same one) the citation style of the document but I get an error message:

http://neurobio.org/errorZotero
(HTML img Tag doesn't work here?)

I saw this discussion :http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/17539/command-appu-error-after-inserting-a-citation/ but I don't think it applies to my case.

Thanks a lot for any help you could provide.
  • Have you tried to copy&paste your doc in a new one?

You might be asked to provide a report id.
    (HTML img Tag doesn't work here?)
    No.
  • Can you give the MacWord Integration Trunk XPI a try and see if that fixes the issue? If so, you should either revert to the current release version of Word for Mac Integration after changing citation styles, or make sure to manually install the next release when it is available (probably later this week).
  • VQP
    edited June 17, 2012
    @ Gracile:
    I did and the citations were not recognized as citation fields anymore (maybe because they are saved as bookmarks).

Here's the error report ID:1228443961

@ Simon:
    I installed it and it allowed me to go a little further. First it warned me that a reference was missing from the zotero database (it was actually there but I re-entered it). And second It successfully changed the style up to a table I have that contains references.

If I just delete this table everything works fine, so it seems that the issue comes from there but I'm not sure why and what would be the good alternative.

Note that it also works when I come back to the current version of Mac Word Intergration.

Thanks you both a lot for your feedbacks, it is already very helpful.

Adrien
  • (Simon is a Zotero Developer, I'm just a user: you're in his hands now!)
  • So I deleted the nasty table and re-did it from scratch (actually cut and paste it from excel and then add the citations). After 3 or 4 citations I get the same error, do you have any suggestion?

Cheers...

Adrien
  • edited June 17, 2012
    I think I may have fixed this if you install the MacWord Integration Trunk XPI again, although you'll probably need to insert the table again. If you still get an error, provide a report ID.
  • Hey Simon,

I re-installed the MacWord Integration Trunk XPI and indeed it resolved the problem. Instead of one big field now each cell with a citation is considered as one field. This is great thank you very much.

I can wait until the next version of word integration is released, I assume that the bug will be fixed also in this new version, right?

Have a good day