OhioLink Electronic Journal Center (EJC)

We've noticed the author names are not imported in the correct order from OhioLink's Electronic Journal Center (EJC). For example, the authors for an article are listed as:

McKnight, Cliff1; Yu, Liangzhi2; Harker, Susan3; Phillips, Kathy4

but imported as Yu, Harker, Phillips, Mcknight, with the citation reading Yu et al.

After doing several tests, it appears that the 1st author is always put last, causing the citation to be incorrect.

Have other folks noted this problem? Anybody working on a fix?

Thanks.
  • I have the same problem with OhioLink, and also with PsychInfo, from Ohiolink.
  • Thomas Dowling at OhioLINK has fixed the author issue in OhioLINK's EJC.
  • I found this old forum searching for why zotero is importing the authors in the wrong order when I use Psychinfo via Ohiolink. It is now 2011 and I have the most recent Zotero (2.1.8), and I am having the same problem. Is this something that can be fixed?
  • This is almost certainly fixed in the Zotero trunk: https://www.zotero.org/trac/changeset/9805

It will definitely be fixed in the next major release (Zotero 2.2), and it will probably be fixed in the next minor release (Zotero 2.1.9), although that will happen only if the core team merges the patch to the release branch, which hasn't happened yet.

We can't do anything else to support Ohiolink, since it's password-protected, but I'm quite certain that this is the underlying issue.