Delimiter's strange behaviour

Hello,

I have not been using Zotero for about one year. The style I used had been written with Zotero 2.1.10 and the word plugin 3.1.4. It seemed to work correctly.
I now upgraded both tools and I encounter a strange phenomenon:

For a article-journal type, although I have written two macros, one for the notes, one for the bibliography, they have some common instructions.

<group delimiter=", " suffix=", ">
<text variable="container-title" font-style="italic"/>
<text variable="genre"/>
<text variable="edition"/>
</group>
<group delimiter=", ">
<text macro="publisher"/>
<text macro="issued-long"/>
<text macro="volume"/>
<text macro="issue"/>
<text variable="collection-title" text-case="capitalize-first" prefix="(" suffix=")"/>
<text macro="editor-note"/>
</group>

The problem occurs when there are only 2 datas: container-title and date.
In the bibliography, it's OK, but in the notes, there are 2 consecutive commas (without even the blank space) between the title and the date, as :

Véronique Le Ru, « La réception occasionaliste de Descartes : des Malebranchistes à l’Encyclopédie », Recherches sur Diderot et sur l’Encyclopédie,, avril 2005, no 38, p. 32.

while the bibliography shows:
LE RU, Véronique, « La réception occasionaliste de Descartes : des Malebranchistes à l’Encyclopédie » [en ligne], Recherches sur Diderot et sur l’Encyclopédie, avril 2005, no 38, p. 191-202, [disponible sur : URL < http://rde.revues.org/index308.html >, consulté le 24 juillet 2010].

The style is available at
git://gist.github.com/2917956.git

Here is the report of the item:

La réception occasionaliste de Descartes : des Malebranchistes à l'Encyclopédie

Type
Article de revue

Auteur
Véronique "Le Ru"

Publication
Recherches sur Diderot et sur l'Encyclopédie

Numéro

Pages
191-202

Date
avril 2005

Titre abrégé
La réception occasionaliste de Descartes

URL
http://rde.revues.org/index308.html

Consulté le
samedi 24 juillet 2010 02:00:00

Date d'ajout
vendredi 17 septembre 2010 16:21:29

Modifié le
dimanche 5 juin 2011 17:43:23

Marqueurs :

Molière (1622-1673)

1/ How this can be explained ?
2/ How to get rid of this extra comma ?

Thanks for your help
  • Additional information:

If I use a decimal-point as a delimiter the same kind of behaviour can been observed,

Véronique Le Ru, « La réception occasionaliste de Descartes : des Malebranchistes à l’Encyclopédie », Recherches sur Diderot et sur l’Encyclopédie., avril 2005, no 38, p. 32.

but if I use a letter as A, it doesn't appear.

<group delimiter="A " suffix=", ">
    <text variable="container-title" font-style="italic"/>
    <text variable="genre"/>
    <text variable="edition"/>
    </group>

results in:

Véronique Le Ru, « La réception occasionaliste de Descartes : des Malebranchistes à l’Encyclopédie », Recherches sur Diderot et sur l’Encyclopédie, avril 2005, no 38, p. 32.

Strange to me !
  • This looks like a bug to me.
    If you take out either l. 354 or l.355 the comma disappears - which makes no sense, considering that these variables don't exist for a journal item type.

(style validates).
  • Hello @adamsmith

Thanks for replying quickly.

Please excuse my ignorance. I don't know what are I.354 or I.355.

Can you tell me what I'm suppose to do ?
  • those are line numbers - I don't know if that's something you want to do - mainly this is a bug that needs to be fixed, so these are also for Frank to look at.
  • Hello @adamsmith,

Thanks for your response.
    So I'll rely on Frank Bennett's skill to solve this question.
  • 'twas indeed a bug in the processor. It's now fixed (processor release 1.0.342). The revised processor will appear in Zotero in due course.

@lafitte: If you need an immediate fix, you can install this plugin, and remove it when the next Zotero release comes out. All it does is upgrade the CSL processor to the current version in your installed Zotero.
  • Hello @fbennett,

Thanks for your answer.

I'm glad to know it will be fixed in Zotero.
    If I need it sooner, I will follow your advice.