Exporting linked files?

Hi,

I keep all of my PDFs in one folder on my hard drive. My zotero database contains links to those files.

I'm working on a project, and all of the articles I'll use for the project are in a collection. I'd like to export all of the linked files that are part of that collection. Is that possible? (i.e., I'd like to be able to export the collection, and have Zotero find all of the linked PDFs and export them to a folder on my system).

Thanks,
Jon
  • edited June 7, 2012
    If you select all of the items in the folder and export them as Zotero RDF with the "files" option ticked, I think you'll get a folder with a "files" subfolder, in which each PDF will be in a subfolder of its own. Not perfect, but at least that gets everything in one place.

(Edit: or not. If your files are links, the RDF will contain a record of the links, and that's all. So this doesn't help, sorry.)
  • That totally worked. The files themselves went. I was able to group them all, in Windows 7, by including them in a library and sorting the library by file type.

Thanks!
  • Yay. Another success story for the RUF (Random Uninformed Feedback) support process, which I just invented. :)