EBSCOhost and the URL bar icon

My library's (King's College - PA) EBSCOhost databases appear to have a problem with Zotero. When you click on the folder icon in the URL address bar while in EBSCOhost, you get the message "An error occurred...Check known translation issues." None of the listed "known translation issues" appear to match this issue.

I am not sure if the problem is something particular to our library's access to EBSCOhost databases. I am able to get EBSCOhost citations into Zotero if I add them to an EBSCOhost folder and then use EBSCOhost's Export feature (exporting citations in RIS format). Thank you for your help.
  • What would be an example search - which database(s), which search terms?
  • I tried searching in Academic Search Premier for "Henry James." Then I clicked the folder icon and tried to add a couple of the articles. I then received the error message.

I know at least one other person has gotten the same message when trying to use one of our library's EBSCOhost databases.
  • Could you provide the URL of the search results page?

Also, does importing a single record work (I don't mean one record from the search results. click on one of the records in the results and try importing then)?

Finally, follow 3-6 and 11 on the Troubleshooting Translator Issues page and post the results of 6 and 11 here.
  • edited July 12, 2012
    I'm sorry for my slow response. I did not initially see your response on June 8.

The URL for a search results page in EBSCO (Academic Search Premier) is XXX.

It did not work to import one record via the folder icon in the URL bar.

When I hover over the folder icon in the URL bar I see "Save to Zotero (EBSCOhost)".

Re-posted below is my original report about my issues with EBSCO and Zotero. Thank you for your help.

My library's (King's College - PA) EBSCOhost databases appear to have a problem with Zotero. When you click on the folder icon in the URL address bar while in EBSCOhost, you get the message "An error occurred...Check known translation issues." None of the listed "known translation issues" appear to match this issue.

I am not sure if the problem is something particular to our library's access to EBSCOhost databases. I am able to get EBSCOhost citations into Zotero if I add them to an EBSCOhost folder and then use EBSCOhost's Export feature (exporting citations in RIS format). Thank you for your help.
  • thanks - I'll have a fix out for this soon (technical note: getting the pdf attached relies on item.url, but not all items do have an item.url).
  • OK, this is now fixed, Zotero will auto-update within 24hs or you can update manually from the general tab of the zotero preferences.
  • Hm, I did the update but am still having the same problem. Would you have any suggestions?

Thanks!
  • works for me now. Which browser are you using?
  • I think this may be a problem particular to the EBSCO databases for King's College Library. Have you ever heard of such situations? Thanks.
  • by following your link I should get exactly what you're seeing - it even says King's College (it would block me if I didn't have EBSCO access, but it lets me see your links even though I have access through a different institution). Since this didn't work for me yesterday either, but does after the update, I suspect the update might not have worked.
    Just so we're talking about the same update - it's the "Update Now" button in the general tab of the Zotero preferences - you click it, then it says "Updated". Then, try restarting Firefox. If it's still not working, provide an error report ID after triggering the error:
    http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs#provide_a_report_id (in addition to posting the ID, if you copy the part of the error report that mentions EBSCOhost.js and paste it here that'll speed things up).
  • Thanks! I re-opened Firefox and it seems to be working now.