Zotero isn't import importing properly... Help!

There is something strange with Firefox version as well. Zotero error report: 1528815346

I am trying to import two .RDF files, being each one with a plenty of PDFs attached. When importing, none attachments are there. So, Zotero is just importing the item, without the attachments.

I verify each .RDF and the PDFs are there. I myself exported/created these RDF and I have sure the export note + files was marked up. Indeed, I exported two times to have sure that the importation is really with a problem.

This issue of importation without attachment happens both in standalone and firefox plugin.

Help!
  • @cadudesun: Just to confirm, this is with official Zotero, not with MLZ?
  • same issue as here:
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/23573/importing-files-does-not-work/#Item_10
  • @aurimas: It looks like the new RDF.js may be missing an element identifier. At line 305 of the current file, adding n.z+"itemType" to the list of identifers at that line gets attachment imports working for me here.
  • @fbennet I think we're looking at different versions of the RDF translator. Line 305 seems like an odd place to add that line. Either way, I'm pretty sure I know what you are getting at.

IMO the real issue here is that for some reason the RDF lookup on line 271 does not return a type, but it definitely should.

The current version of Zotero does not include the new tabulator RDF parser, but if you check out the head revision from the 3.0 branch, the attachments do get imported. So it seems to be a difference between the old and new RDF parsers. When I modified the RDF translator, I was using the new RDF parser, so that's why everything seemed to work for me (should not have done that in retrospect).

I think the new parser is almost ready to be released. I just have one bug to track down and fix. I'll see if I can figure out how to fix this for both old and new parsers.
  • Yes, we must be looking at different versions; that's the line I was looking at.
  • Aurimas fixed this (hopefully); should start working again after updating your translators from the General tab of the Zotero preferences or wait until Zotero does this automatically in the next 24hs.
  • Hi,
    Wow, everything is working properly now!!!
    As asked by fbennett, I don't know what should be MLZ. It seems I am working with official Zotero, since I downloaded it from Zotero.org. Taking this as an opportunity to learn about Zotero, what should be the difference between official zotero and MLZ?
  • (Frank is running a parallel fork of Zotero - Multilingual Zotero - it's still somewhat experimental and includes additional support for law-specific issues as well as multilingual citations )