Problem installing validated new style

I edited the style France (tous les auteurs, numérotation) in a work version that would be functional until I get time to complete the project.
When I submit this version to csl.validator.js I get the "Validation successful" message, but when I try to install it in Zotero the installation fails.
What can I do to find the error in the code?
  • Paste the style code at https://gist.github.com/ , make a public gist and give us the link, and we'll take a look.
  • The link to the public gist:
    https://gist.github.com/2868998

I previously installed the code with "fr-CA" as default locale, but then the French caracters dit not appear. That is why I specified "fr-FR" as default locale in this last version.

Thanks for your help.
  • That style looks okay. What kind of error do you see when you try installing it? Did you save it as a plain text file with a ".csl" extension?
  • Yes, I used the Notepad for editing and save with a csl extension.
    With the Style manager nothing happens when I try to install the style. When I drag the file to an open Firefox window I get the message: "Erreur d'analyse XML : mal formé", and there is an arrow pointing at the first "é" in the summary of the code.
  • Okay, It is now installed! There was a previous version of the style in the Style manager and I had to delete that one before installing the new. That updating was failing.

Thank you very much for confirming the validation.
  • Something else. I don't understand why some French caracters, ex. "«" "»" don't appear while some others appear in the bibliography. Also, the "é" appears in general, but not in the access modified term: "(consulté le)".
    Could you see what's wrong?
  • My guess would be that this is rather a problem with your word processor or the font you're using. Zotero/csl does create those (and displays them in the test panel).
  • It's also possible that your style isn't being saved as UTF-8. If you "Save As..." I think there should be an encoding option in the save window.
  • Problem solved. The file was ANSI encoded. All is okay when saved as UTF-8.

Thank you to both of you.