Bug Report: 1079292427

Hello:

I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 and I yesterday installed jabref and jabref-plugin-oo packages via apt-get. (I don't know if those packages have something to do with my problem. I'm just reporting it because maybe they have something to do with it.)

The thing is that I was trying to introduce a bibliography in a new document and it was happening en error. Then, I remove and purge the libreoffice with apt-get.

Then I install libreoffice-writer to see if the problem get fixed. But now the problem goes worst, maybe. That's because Zotero doesn't want to be installed correctly in my Ubuntu, and I don't know why.

Please. ┬┐Can any of you help me with this? Here is the output reported under the number 1079292427:

Failed to load native module at path '/home/omar/Descargas/Zotero_linux-i686/xulrunner/components/libmozgnome.so': (80004005) libnotify.so.1: no se puede abrir el archivo del objeto compartido: No existe el archivo o el directorio

[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: Localized string not available for zotero.preferences.search.pdf.toolsRequired"]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'unopkg at /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/unopkg failed to install' when calling method: [nsIObserver::observe]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]
  • edited May 28, 2012
    First, make sure you're not experiencing this error. If it's not, restart Zotero, take a screenshot of the error you get when attempting to insert a bibliography, and post it on an image sharing site such as imageshack.us or tinypic.com.
  • It supposed to be a different bug because I use:

    LibreOffice 3.5.3.2
    Build ID: 350m1(Build:2)

    And the bug that you cite suggest that this error doesn't happen with "LibreOffice 3.5rc3 or later".

    Maybe this link can help:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/38627613@N04/7289136568/lightbox/
  • edited May 28, 2012
    The bug that I linked to above happens with any version of LibreOffice 3.5 if you enable experimental features in the LibreOffice preferences. It's possible that this was the cause of your original issue, but the current problem you're experiencing appears to be different.

    It looks like you're now getting an installation error, so you should try http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_troubleshooting#installation_error
  • Thanks Simon:

    Maybe the original problem was caused because the experimental features, as you are saying. And now, I already disabled those features.

    But the problem now is maybe a second problem that I don't know how to handle it.

    After I disable the experimental feature, the problem is still happening.

    Don't forget that these post is about the Standalone version (where this post is about), so the solution that you are tried with the last link is about the Firefox version and not this one.

    Regards,
  • edited May 28, 2012
    The instructions are the same for Firefox and Zotero Standalone. I updated the page to replace instances of "Firefox" with "Firefox or Zotero Standalone."
  • edited May 28, 2012
    Simon:

    Thanks for your help. My problem is now SOLVED. I did the steps trying to install a proper JRE. In that sense I installed the Iced Tea version (version 7) and then I configure it to LibreOffice.

    Then I installed the extension with LibreOffice without problems.

    The initial problem that cause all this confusion was the first one. I initially enable the experimental features, that now I know that are incompatible with Zotero, because I'm trying to test the macro recorder.

    Now I know that I can use the macro recorder on moments that I don't use Zotero, and vice-versa. But it would be great to use both of these tools simultaneously in the future.
Sign In or Register to comment.