Error Report ID 230419139 Insert/Edit Citation gets "hung up" in Word for Mac 2008

Often when I either insert or correct a citation in my document (Word for Mac 2008), using either stand alone or Firefox versions (I use the latest version of Snow Leopard as my OS), I get a flashing page, and the operation gets "hung up" with the error message in the report. I get this a lot. This is the most detail I can provide, and I did provide the error report (Report ID 230419139).
  • What do you mean by "flashing page"? Often Word it will take a few seconds for your document to update after you have selected citations, and this is normal.

Does this happen in any document, or just a specific document? Is it reproducible?
  • Right now I am using just one document. Page flashes and it doesn't update. Not reproducible on command; inconsistent. It works many times, and many times it doesn't. I have a screenshot of the word error message, but don't know how to get it to you folks at Zotero. Perhaps that would help u diagnose and solve the issue.
  • You can post screenshots to a free file-sharing site like imageshack.us and provide a link here.
  • Thanks! Here is the link to the error message referenced in my previous post:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/2586/screenshotzoteroerrorin.png
  • I'm still not sure what you mean by "page flashes," but if you can send the document to support@zotero.org I can see if I can reproduce the issue.
  • Its OK. I'd rather not send the document. It is my dissertation proposal and it is proprietary. The problem is simple: At times, the add citation or edit citation does not work. You have the error messages and the codes; someone will figure it out. Thank you.
  • edited May 7, 2012
    If this is just in one document, see Debugging Broken Documents (and #8 in particular).
  • Thank you. I will try this if it happens again.