Cannot edit citation in Word 2008 fo Mac

I downloaded most recent upgrade for Zotero stand alone today. I use Word 2008 for Mac and am using the latest iteration of Snow Leopard. When I attempt to edit citation, IT DOES NOT WORK. Tried multiple times. VEry, very frustrating.
  • http://www.zotero.org/support/reporting_bugs
    "it doesn't work" gives us nothing to work with.
  • I move the cursor to the note in the document, and get the gray box; then I click, "edit citation." I get the red box with the citation, click on it, and get menu, where I change the page numbers to reflect the correction. Then I either press enter with the cursor in or out of the red box. Don't know what to do. You have no instructions. I was able to change and save the citation edit in the document itself (without resort to the "edit citation" method). Please explain to me what I am doing wrong and what is going on. Again, I use Word for Mac 2008, latest version of Snow Leopard, and latest version of Zotero stand alone. When I tried the "edit citation" method on Zotero Firefox, it repeatedly crashes, but I don't know how to capture the error message that appears in the Word error message. Perhaps I will have to switch over to Refworks. It is tough enough writing a dissertation without having to worry about these glitches.
  • edited May 4, 2012
    I move the cursor to the note in the document, and get the gray box; then I click, "edit citation." I get the red box with the citation, click on it, and get menu, where I change the page numbers to reflect the correction.
    you just press enter twice - once to get out of the dialog where you enter/change the page number, once to get back to the quick format dialog, once to close that dialog, too.
    What happens then? Zotero crashes? Or does that just happen when you use Zotero for Firefox? And by "crash" - what do you mean exactly? Just shuts down? Freezes? Does it display any message?

Instructions are here: http://www.zotero.org/support/word_processor_plugin_usage

Zotero works flawlessly for almost all people who use it. We're happy to try to help you so that it does for you, as well, but please don't take your frustration out on us - most people here on the forum help you for free and in their spare time.