wordp. plugin: option “Store references in Document”

How do I remove the citation metadata (JSON file), when I have to send a LO Writer document with "Store references in Document" checked?

A. Do I click "remove the file codes" in the plugin toolbar (I does remove the fields in the document, but does it also remove the citation metadata?)

B. LibreOffice metadata: File > Properties > Remove user data (user metadata) is it related with the citation metadata?
  • B. does nothing related to Zotero - I think that's for anonymizing documents written in LO.

What exactly do you want to do this for? Remove field codes doesn't just remove the JSON, it removes all Zotero code and thus all connections between Zotero and the document in question. You would want to do this e.g. before sending a manuscript to a publisher.

If you just want to remove the citation metadata (though I don't see why you'd ever want to do that) you can probably just uncheck the box in the preferences and refresh.
  • The aim is not clear from your note. Do you want to eliminate all traces of Zotero from the document? If so, "remove field codes" will do that, but the document will of course lose any connection with the Zotero database used to create it. If your aim is something else, please explain.
  • Remove field codes doesn't just remove the JSON, it removes all Zotero code
    adamsmith/fbennett:

I want to eliminate all traces of Zotero from the document before I send it. Remove field codes is what I am looking for. Thank you.
  • I don't think of myself as a nitwit but you may think so after I admit that I deleted the field codes from the only final copy of a manuscript.

Please remind yourself to save a copy of the version with field codes intact.
  • Do it once, never forget... I surely will save a copy :)