Automatic adding of references in proper library's directories doesn't

I have bee using zotero for about three years (windows 7, firefox regularly updated). Since about three months or so, I experience a pb while adding automatically references from internet on websites where zotero translators are usually working. The references are not imported in the proper directory but instead in the main library. When I restart forefox/zotero, it works well for a few new references and then, it doesn't work.
I thought that it was linked with my former computer (i recently changed it). but alas! the pb just resurfaced after a few days of use...
here the error report number : 374414105
  • edited April 28, 2012
    Try with all your other Firefox extensions disabled. If you continue to have the same problem, provide an example URL where it happens and a Debug ID for a save attempt that triggers it.
  • thank you. I'll try it. The pb is that it dosent' happen directly but after a few records.
  • Well, after several tests, my best candidate for the reported failure is the Delicious extension. Have other reported similar problems?
  • Unfortunately, and contrary to what i said earlier, the bug isn't fixed. You can look at the report number 1253503967
    Two extensions are remaining : The British English Dictionnary and Adblock Plus 2.0.3. And these ones, i really can't do without...
  • still, try with all add-ons disabled. This is for troubleshooting purposes, you can re-enable them afterwards.
  • Also, I asked for a Debug ID if this still occurs with extensions disabled, not a Report ID. But do try with everything disabled (and send the debug output that way).
  • do you mean also desactivating the zotero word and zotero open office and the zotero bibliography locale switcher?
  • oh, definitely the locale switcher. That's actually a likely culprit here (note that it's not an official Zotero plugin - a lot of these aren't carefully maintained by their developers, so they can often be the cause of problems), so start with that. No need to disable the Word and Ooo plugins.
  • well, everything is desactivated. But i have had the bug
    Here is the debug id D50462083
    and here is the url which wasn't downloaded in the right place : http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Local-News/2012/May-08/172698-edl-contract-workers-hold-beirut-tripoli-nabatiyeh-sit-ins.ashx#axzz1uJ9HeQjQ
  • Reread the debug output instructions. Your submitted output is empty.

But saving from that page using the address bar icon into the selected collection works for me in 3.0.7.
  • I am very sorry. The Debug ID is D1526402102
    The pb is that it isn't saved in the proper directory. But only in the main library.
  • sorry it wasn't enabled again. Now I redid it : D1153912321
  • [JavaScript Error: "_progressWindow.document is null" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/progressWindow.js" line: 169}]
    This is the relevant error, but I don't think we've seen this before. It has something to do with the popup that Zotero displays in the bottom right.

If you have a custom Firefox theme, you should try disabling it, though I'd be surprised if that was the problem here.

If this works when you first restart Firefox, I think you're going to need to do some experimentation and figure out at what point it breaks and see if you can come up with steps to reproduce it.
  • OK. Now i have just restarted firefox and I don't have the pb reproduced. I have no custom Firefox theme.
    I will check things experimentaly and i will also progressively reactivate adblock plus because life without that is possible.
  • you can re-enable your add-ons one-by-one, most of them are probably innocent.
  • Hello
    I have desactivated all extensions but those related to zotero itself.
    But still, the bug is persisting : here is the debug ID : D2127277750
    Do you read the same error?
  • I am thinking to the following solution : everytime this will happen, I may have to restart Firefox. But how can I do to reopen all the windows with all the tabs, in order not to lose my search (since a big part of my use is saving daily newspaper articles).
    Thanks
  • Do you read the same error?
    Yes.
    how can I do to reopen all the windows with all the tabs, in order not to lose my search
    General pane of the Firefox preferences -> Startup -> When Firefox starts: "Show my windows and tabs from last time"

And again, your best bet is figuring out a way to consistently reproduce the problem, if you can.
  • Thank you. I 'll try to but as you see, the pb doesn't seem to be linked to a specific add-on. Nor to a certain type of web page...
    Did other zotero users ever report the same kind of pb?