ISI Web of Knowledge translator: Cannot import some references

I have a couple of references from the Web of Science that consistently refuse to import. All I get is a message that an error occured while saving and that I should consult the documentation for known translator issues. Tools->Report Error has no error messages.

This is Zotero 3.0.3 stand-alone with Firefox 11.0 on Windows 7/64
The references in question are:

Bergstrom, M., L. Eriksson, C. Bohm, G. Blomqvist, and J. Litton. “Correction for Scattered Radiation in a Ring Detector Positron Camera by Integral Transformation of the Projections.” J Comput Assist Tomogr 7, no. 1 (1983): 42–50.
Cho, Z.H., J.K. Chan, L. Ericksson, M. Singh, S. Graham, N.S. MacDonald, and Y. Yano. “Positron Ranges Obtained from Biomedically Important Positron-emitting Radionuclides.” Journal of Nuclear Medicine 16, no. 12 (1975): 1174–1176.
Holte, S., P. Schmidlin, A. Linden, G. Rosenqvist, and L. Eriksson. “Iterative Image Reconstruction for Positron Emission Tomography: a Study of Convergence and Quantitation Problems.” IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science 37, no. 2, pt.1 (1990): 629–35.
Oppenheim, B.E. “More Accurate Algorithms for Iterative 3-dimensional Reconstruction.” IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science NS-21, no. 3 (1974): 72–77.
Rosenqvist, G., M. Dahlbom, L. Eriksson, C. Bohm, and G. Blomqvist. “Quantitation of PET Data with the EM Reconstruction Technique.” IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science 36, no. 1, pt.1 (1989): 1113–16.
Schmidlin, P. “Iterative Separation of Sections in Tomographic Scintigrams.” Nuclear Medicine 9, no. 1 (1972): 1–16.
Wienhard, K., L. Eriksson, S. Grootoonk, M. Casey, U. Pietrzyk, and W.D. Heiss. “Performance Evaluation of the Positron Scanner ECAT EXACT.” J Comput Assist Tomogr 16, no. 592395225 (1992): 804–13.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Are you connecting to WoS from a university? If so, are you the Zotero automatic proxy redirect? When I am within my university network I must turn off the Zotero proxy tool. If the Zotero proxy is active some (oddly not all) citations from WoS and PubMed fail to import. Things work fine without the Zotero proxy tool. The opposite is true when I am at home or on the road.
  • As far as I understand there is no proxy tool in Zotero stand-alone.

I am connecting to the internet through a mandatory http proxy though. The proxy is configured in the internet explorer settings.

Thank you for the hint, I'll investigate further into this direction.
  • I have looked at the http traffic for a failed import with wireshark, but I cannot spot any anomalies. A couple of requests are made and in the end, a marked list is downloaded, which looks fine to me:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1
    Pragma: no-cache
    Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
    Cache-Control: no-cache
    Cache-Control: no-store
    Content-Disposition: inline; filename=savedrecs.ciw
    Content-Type: application/x-Inst-for-Scientific-Info;charset=utf-8
    Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 08:16:34 GMT
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    Connection: close
    Connection: Transfer-Encoding
    Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=*************************; Path=/ETS

FN Thomson Reuters Web of Knowledge
    VR 1.0
    PT J
    AU BERGSTROM, M
    ERIKSSON, L
    BOHM, C
    BLOMQVIST, G
    LITTON, J
    AF BERGSTROM, M
    ERIKSSON, L
    BOHM, C
    BLOMQVIST, G
    LITTON, J
    TI CORRECTION FOR SCATTERED RADIATION IN A RING DETECTOR POSITRON CAMERA BY
    INTEGRAL TRANSFORMATION OF THE PROJECTIONS
    SO JOURNAL OF COMPUTER ASSISTED TOMOGRAPHY
    LA English
    DT Article
    C1 KAROLINSKA INST,KAROLINSKA HOSP,DEPT RADIAT PHYS,S-10401 STOCKHOLM 60,SWEDEN.
    KAROLINSKA INST,KAROLINSKA HOSP,DEPT CLIN NEUROPHYSIOL,S-10401 STOCKHOLM 60,SWEDEN.
    UNIV STOCKHOLM,DEPT PHYS,S-10691 STOCKHOLM,SWEDEN.
    RP BERGSTROM, M (reprint author), KAROLINSKA INST,KAROLINSKA HOSP,DEPT NEURORADIOL,S-10401 STOCKHOLM 60,SWEDEN
    NR 19
    TC 293
    Z9 295
    PU LIPPINCOTT-RAVEN PUBL
    PI PHILADELPHIA
    PA 227 EAST WASHINGTON SQ, PHILADELPHIA, PA 19106
    SN 0363-8715
    J9 J COMPUT ASSIST TOMO
    JI J. Comput. Assist. Tomogr.
    PY 1983
    VL 7
    IS 1
    BP 42
    EP 50
    DI 10.1097/00004728-198302000-00008
    PG 9
    WC Radiology, Nuclear Medicine & Medical Imaging
    SC Radiology, Nuclear Medicine & Medical Imaging
    GA PZ055
    UT WOS:A1983PZ05500008
    ER
    EF

• I can take a look. Do you get the same error with Standalone closed?
  • I was able to reproduce this in Zotero for Firefox.
  • I have a fix out for this, I'll let you know when it's being pushed to clients.
    Took me forever to find the problem which is Mr/Ms Eriksson, who, since s/he is in all caps in the record, is mistaken by Zotero for an ER (end record) tag.
  • it's up now. Update immediately from the general tab of the Zotero preferences, or wait for 24hs for the translator to auto-update.
    I only tested the first one of these - let me know if there are any other problems.
  • edited April 30, 2012
    Great, thank you for the quick fix. Zotero picked up the new translators this morning and now most references from my list do import fine. BTW, it is Mr. Lars Eriksson. I have met him in 1996.

The following two still do fail. I have downloaded and attached the marked list for these for your convenience. One obvious thing is that the author's names have been messed up (truncated?) in WOS. This means that it is probably not worth the trouble to fix the import.

Oppenheim, B.E. “More Accurate Algorithms for Iterative 3-dimensional Reconstruction.” IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science NS-21, no. 3 (1974): 72–77.

Schmidlin, P. “Iterative Separation of Sections in Tomographic Scintigrams.” Nuclear Medicine 9, no. 1 (1972): 1–16.

FN Thomson Reuters Web of Knowledge
    VR 1.0
    PT J
    AU OPPENHEI.BE
    AF OPPENHEI.BE
    TI MORE ACCURATE ALGORITHMS FOR ITERATIVE 3-DIMENSIONAL RECONSTRUCTION
    SO IEEE TRANSACTIONS ON NUCLEAR SCIENCE
    LA English
    DT Article
    C1 UNIV CHICAGO,CHICAGO,IL 60637.
    TC 33
    Z9 33
    PU IEEE-INST ELECTRICAL ELECTRONICS ENGINEERS INC
    PI NEW YORK
    PA 345 E 47TH ST, NEW YORK, NY 10017-2394
    SN 0018-9499
    J9 IEEE T NUCL SCI
    JI IEEE Trans. Nucl. Sci.
    PY 1974
    VL NS21
    IS 3
    BP 72
    EP 77
    UT WOS:A1974T572300004
    ER
    PT J
    AU SCHMIDLI.P
    AF SCHMIDLI.P
    TI ITERATIVE SEPARATION OF SECTIONS IN TOMOGRAPHIC SCINTIGRAMS
    SO NUCLEAR-MEDIZIN
    LA English
    DT Article
    TC 23
    Z9 23
    PU F K SCHATTAUER VERLAG GMBH
    PI STUTTGART
    PA P O BOX 10 45 45, LENZHALDE 3, D-70040 STUTTGART, GERMANY
    J9 NUCLEAR-MED
    PY 1972
    VL 11
    IS 1
    BP 1
    EP &
    UT WOS:A1972M610800001
    ER
    EF
  • edited April 30, 2012
    a fix is up - it won't import these authors elegantly (i.e. they'll just be SCHMIDLI.P as a last name) and I don't think that can be improved (we can't split authors at periods because of initials like J. S. Mills) but at least it won't fail and the rest of the info is there.

Thanks for reporting and thanks for putting the ISI records up - that does in fact safe me quite a bit of time.

(edit: always worth reporting stuff like that btw. - by finding what triggered the error I overall improved author import and made it more stable.)
  • Thank you very much for the quick fix.