Case citation in Chicago Manual of Style

Recently, Zotero has started incorrectly citing court cases in Chicago Manual of Style (full note without bibliography). There are two problems I see:

1) The "v." separating the parties has become capitalized, even when it is entered in lower-case. E.g. instead of "Brown v. Board," the citation reads "Brown V. Board."

2) In subsequent case citations, the volume number and colon appear. (This seems to be a recurring problem, similar to one that was put to rest a year ago, under the forum heading "Incorrect subsequent case citation - Chicago style.") E.g. subsequent citations of "Brown v. Board, 347 U.S. 483 (1954)" read "Brown v. Board, 347:." or "Ibid, 347:."

Any thoughts on this?
Thanks!
  • 1) needs Frank's attention.
    I'll take a look at
    2)
  • The text-case attribute should be avoided on type="bill legislation legal_case". It could be avoided implicitly in the processor, but just coding that into the style would be more transparent.
  • I guess I'll do both then..., but won't be immediate.
  • @adamsmith: you need an understudy. :)
  • these are now fixed in the fullnote Chicago style - the others to follow in the next couple of days.
  • I know this is an old issue, but I'm now noticing that in the fullnote Chicago 16th edition style, the case names aren't italicized. How can I fix my local copy of Zotero to rectify this?
  • I'm pretty sure case names shouldn't be in italics in citations Chicago style (only when referred to in the text) - don't have the manual here right now, but I looked this up recently.